Lisa McEowen Featured in the Sept. 2017 Issue of MO Info

Photo of Lisa McEowenLisa McEowen, Library Associate III in Special Collections and Archives at the Missouri State University Libraries, was the Featured Library Employee in a full-page spread on page seven of the September 2017 issue of MO Info, a publication of the Missouri Library Association.  When asked why she became a library employee, Lisa noted that, since her days as a student assistant in Cataloging, ” I appreciated the vast array of subjects represented in the various collections and have always enjoyed connecting people with things they know they are interested in as well as introducing them to potential new interests.” She loves the university and the library because lifelong learning is supported and encouraged every day. Lisa enthusiastically accepts the many challenges and opportunities that technological improvements have presented over the last two decades. Marilyn McCroskey, the Head of the Cataloging Unit, has been one of Lisa’s mentors, because “she presented a solid foundation for my learning and growth in the field, and continues to keep in touch and support me.” Asked about her current reading and viewing habits, Lisa noted, “I’m a huge fan of foreign crime dramas, so I have just finished Shetland (set in the Shetland Islands of Scotland and based on the Shetland novels by Ann Cleeves) and Hotel Beau Séjour (a Belgian supernatural crime series). Presently, I am a couple of episodes into the Finnish crime series Bordertown, about a detective inspector who moves his wife, a recent cancer survivor, and daughter to a small town in hopes of a slower pace of life—not to be had.” Congratulations, Lisa!