Jessica Bennett is ACRL’s Featured Member of the Week

During the week of September 11, 2017, Jessica Bennett, a Reference and e-Learning Librarian at the MSU Libraries, was featured on the Association of College & Research Libraries’ website as the ACRL Member of the Week. ACRL is a division of the American Library Association. Regarding the value ACRL has for Jessica as a young professional, she noted, “It is refreshing to get out of my “bubble.” ACRL has also made the transition to the Framework for Information Literacy much less confusing and stressful.” When asked what she, as an academic librarian, contributes to the campus community, Jessica responded, “My main focus is information literacy. I teach an abundance of one-shot instruction sessions (mostly face-to-face, but I can do them virtually also), which are available to all classes taught at Missouri State University. These sessions are tailored for each class, and usually for a specific assignment in that class. I also teach a for-credit online course that is an introduction to information literacy. As the e-learning librarian, I also make sure services and resources available to on-campus students and our distance students. One thing I am really proud of is launching a virtual research consultation service.” Congratulations, Jessica!